Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wading Pool


Back in July I took a short trip to Hug Point, a little spot just south of Cannon Beach.
I don't think I had ever been there but it quickly became one of my favorite spots.

If you've been to the Oregon coast you know its not like the beaches you see in to movies. Its windy and cold. but I love it all the same. One
perk of this place is there are caves and rocks that block most of the wind and depending on the tide its completely isolated (I think).

I went with 4 companions. whom I first met that day (aside from one, I met him two days before). We squished into a small SUV and were off.

Our goal:

just take photos. = )


I don't usually work with natural light so I was sort of out of my element (if i have one at all)

lunch was had in cannon beach at that one pizza place. yum yum.


these little (read: HUGE) guys were everywhere!

here we are coming back hugging the point.........We met a couple on their honeymoon. they were so cute.........and posed for some photos .

(im not creepy) >
And just for good measure, we had to do a scary cave photo.
all in all it was a blast. we didn't end up staying until sun down. but instead drove to seaside and got something to eat. took a bit of time to find something that was open that wasn't a bar (I am a minor that cant even pass for my own age sometimes). but we did.

on our way out I noticed another photographer and his van.

http://trevorclarkphoto.com/

Maybe one day I'll take some photos as epic as his. Wish I would have stopped and chatted for a bit. but He was sort of busy.

I'm really wanting to go back some time soon. and stay for the sunset.

0 comments:

Post a Comment